Friday, July 4, 2008

New car - Thoughts!!

Need to buy a new car. Oh my god...Do I really need a new car? I drive a 4 year old Indica V2 DLS. Nice car. VFM. I have already done 49K in 4 years. The agent is giving me 1.95 lacs for it. Decent isn't it? Everyone says so.
Smita is tired of my attention getting distracted to every new car on the road. This maybe my last car for a while now. So I want to make the best decision. Dont know why, but I feel that I may not buy a new car for a long time. The time is now.
Here are my options which I have been looking at for the past 3 months:
Sell the Indica. Pay off the 45K loan. Remaning amount pay up front for:

1. the black Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. With 55K discount, I may pay 2 lacs up front. The loan will be less and I will pay it off in 3 years. This gives me 2 benefits. Firstly, I drive one of the best cars available in India and secondly, I can upgrade to the Tata Safari after 2 years. What say?
2. the Safari DICOR: 2.2 VTVT, 140 PS, this car is my dream car. But then, what do I drive in the city? No parking. But this car is great outdoors. Take her anywhere u want. Just love the big bull. And its not a fuel guzzler mind you. Gives a decent mileage of around 11-12 in the city and 13-14 on the highways. So why not?
3. the Palio Stile 1.3 MJD: Amazing car again. People dont know that the Swift DDIS and Palio MJD engines are the same and were designed by Fiat. Thats one thing. The other thing is, I think this car can be Pete'ed. Similarly, like the 1.6 I will have a bomb in my hand. This car does have VGT against the Swift's FGT. No lag I suppose.
These are the options I am looking at. What do u say guys? Comments anyone?
But why buy a new car when u already have a decent Indica. Driving an old gen. Indica is too tiring man. I have been driving it in the city. I think its time to replace the car. My brain says Palio MJD, heart says either Palio 1.6 Sport OR Safari. I dont think I will buy a Safari right now. But who knows.

No comments: