Monday, December 1, 2008

Bike trip Pune - Kanyakumari

I am always thinking of doing something different in life. Life is short and there's so much you can do. I want to see the country. What better way than a bike trip to the southern most tip of our country - Kanyakumari. Crazy isn't it?
But hey....thats the only reason I bought the Thunderbird. You expect me to ride that bike in the city? No way...I have already started preparing for the trip. Last week I did a 120 Kms round trip to the start of Khambatki Ghat in 2 hours flat. That was just awesome. Touched speeds of 100 KMPH but could not cross 100 because of cross winds. At 1 time, I felt the helmet would fly off my head. Its just amazing. Out in the open, with a never ending road. Its a feeling of doing something. Anyways...Coming back to the topic, my wife has not yet given me a go ahead for the trip. People think I am crazy. She thinks I am taking undue risk. Its not safe. blah blah blah blah....
But once you start riding, the open road beckons. Some people dont know but I have done Pune-Malvan-Pune (1000 Kms in 4 days) way back in 1998 (imagine no 4 laning between Pune and Kolphapur) and that too on dad's CD 100 with Ananda Kaka. What a trip man.
Here's what some of my friends comment about my plan:
Shishir: Hey asle kahitari karayla pahijel yaar. Me vicharle "tu yenar ka" tar nustach hasto.
Pranav: You've got to do it man. Just go ahead and do it.
Anoop: "Evdhi rug asel tar Sahyadriche kade chadh, bike is not safe yaar".
But I have to go man. Just like that. Lets see how it turns out. I want to just go.

No comments: