Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The countdown begins

On 25th Dec 08, I will be off to a bike trip to coastal Karnataka and if time permits some parts of Kerala. I will be travelling with one of my friends Rohit Joshi, who is an experienced campaigner as far as bike trips as concerned. I will post a travellogue here with a day by day update of how the trip progressed. I am really looking forward to this. Gives me butterflies in the stomach.
I am going on a bike trip after almost 10 years. The last time, I and Ananda Kaka (I think I have mentioned this earlier) had gone to Malvan on dad's CD-100.
This time though, it will be 2 guys on 2 Thunderbirds. I have spruced up my bike with semi synthetic oil, new clucth cable, fog lamps on the crash guard and got a short bottle silencer as well. The bike does not sound as the original Royal Enfield, but a mild/sub-dued thump is there for sure. Also bought a new VEGA helmet, pair of riding gloves, sweat cap etc.
All set now!!! Will post the travellogue when I come back.

No comments: